1. Data Protection
2. Your Information
3. Your Information (Our use of)
A) We may disclose your information to our providers (who will probably be located outside the UK/EEA) for the purpose of providing you with our services, including your flight, holiday or insurance etc. Only information necessary for this purpose will be disclosed to them. For air travel it may be a mandatory requirement to disclose your information for security and anti-terrorism purposes, or any other purposes deemed appropriate.
- B) We may also disclose your information to companies who act as data processors on our behalf. These purposes include administration, providing services (and contacting you where necessary), customer care, improving our service, business management and operation, risk assessment, research and analysis, marketing, monitoring, assessing customer purchasing preference, dispute resolution, credit checking and debt collection. If we search against the files of credit reference agencies, they will record the search and hence the way in which you conduct your account with us may be shared with other lenders and credit agencies.
- C) Some of your information may be considered sensitive personal data under the Data protection Act 1988. We collect it to cater to your needs or act in your interest, but we do so on the condition that we have your positive consent – we will do all that is reasonably practicable to draw this to your attention when you first supply us with your information, or at the next available opportunity. By booking your holiday with us you also agree for your insurers, their agents and medical staff to disclose relevant information (which may contain sensitive personal data) to us in circumstances where we need to act in the interest of everyone in the group you are travelling with. If you do not agree to our use of your information we cannot do business with you or accept your booking.
4. Direct Marketing
- A) We may from time to time contact you by post with information on offers of brochures and forthcoming events from our holiday divisions
- B) You may indicate your preference to also receive our direct marketing material for the above purposes by telephone or e-communications (e-mail, SMS or e-brochure) on our website(s) or forms, or to our staff at the time you first supplied us your information.
- C) You may, in addition, indicate your preference regarding receiving third party direct marketing material by post.
- D) If do not wish to receive such information or would like to change your preference, please refer to point (B) of Your Rights below.
5. Your Rights
- A) You have the right to ask in writing for a copy of the information we hold about you and to correct any inaccuracies in your information.
- B) You have the right to ask in writing not to receive direct marketing material about our products and services. If the following facilities are available, you can amend your previous preference on our website(s), using our unsubscribe e-mail or in literature which you subsequently return to us. Once properly notified by you, we will take steps to stop using your information in this way.
- C) If you would like a list of our group companies or brands, please send us your request. Our address is: Unit 23, Shamrock Quay, Southampton, SO14 5QL.
6. Controls Abroad
Outside the European Economic Area (EEA), note that controls on data protection in such countries may not be as strong as the legal requirements in this country.
7. Privacy and Cookies
To see a list of the cookies that this website uses please read our cookies audit page.
We have taken all reasonable steps to have in place appropriate security measures to protect your information.
9. Changes to this policy
Any changes to this Policy will be either posted on our website, brochure and/or made available on request. We will strive to ensure our practices comply with the most current available version of this Policy.