As a Chalet Host, you will be responsible for one of our chalets in the French Alps, ensuring that it runs smoothly and that your guests receive the very best from their holiday. You will take care of all chalet duties, including menu planning, food purchasing, preparing & serving food as well as all chalet cleaning and laundry duties. You will be welcoming our guests, will be required to provide excellent customer service at all times and be knowledgeable about the resort you live and work in.
Skills and Experience:
- Be an excellent cook, you should be able to demonstrate this or have successfully completed a chalet host cookery course.
- At least one year's previous experience in a hospitality or customer facing role and be able to tackle a variety of tasks.
- High level of attention to detail and excellent competence in cleaning and hygiene standards.
- Confident, flexible and comfortable with working alone to own set time-schedules.
- Positive friendly attitude, demonstrating a “can do” approach with good communication skills.
- Desire to provide a high level of customer service.
- Ensure that our high company standards and codes of practice are adhered to.
- Breakfast and afternoon tea preparation, serving and clearing away.
- Dinner preparation, service and clearing away.
- Accommodating special dietary requirements.
- Communicating meal arrangements for the chalet group.
- Daily house-keeping and cleaning duties.
- Be presentable and personable at all times
- Answering the telephone, handing out keys and providing information to guests.
- Ensure that all snow is cleared from paths, balconies and ensuring that pathways are safe and the exterior of the chalet is kept tidy and clear of rubbish and cigarette ends.
- Providing extensive knowledge of the resort and be aware of the location of mountain first aid, doctors, hospitals, banks, post offices, restaurants, tourist offices and company ski hire representatives.
- Ensuring the chalet is run to the highest standard, adhering to French health and hygiene regulations.
- Weekly planning and budgeting for menu plans.
- Complete accurate and timely submission of household accounts and administration paperwork, including maintenance logs and weekly cleaning checklists.
- Maintaining the highest levels of customer service at all times.
- Ensuring that any maintenance/breakages are recorded and reported in the correct manner.
- Ensure that any guest queries are dealt with and passed on to your chalet manager.
- Be prepared to help out in other chalets and resorts when needed.
- Any other work as may be reasonably asked by the Company.