Immy Davies - Sales Support"Avoriaz is a great resort for all abilities and also offers some great snowparks such as The Stash. It is also very easy to ski over to Switzerland where you can try and tackle the Swiss Wall"
Avoriaz ski holidays are some of the most popular skiing & snowboarding breaks for SkiWeekends customers in France. It is characterful resort with a modern Alpine charm, perfect for families, groups or couples wanting a snow-sure French ski holiday.
With modern architecture built to blend in with the surrounding cliff and a maximum altitude of 2400m, you get to experience stunning views down towards Lake Geneva and of the surrounding Dents du Midi and Dents Blanches mountains.
Avoriaz is entirely car-free but look out for the horse-drawn sledges and snowcats which ferry everyone around to the restaurants, hotels and shops in the area. The resort is ski-in/ski-out so most accommodations are accessible from the slopes meaning you don’t need to waste any time getting out in the morning! Avoriaz also has plenty to offer off the slope with the ‘Aquariaz’ indoor water centre, a bowling alley, an indoor ice skating rink and plenty of bars and restaurants to entertain yourself (and your family and friends) in the evenings.
Avoriaz, therefore, makes for a unique ski trip then and will allow you to fully submerse yourself into a winter wonderland this season (especially for your Christmas and New Years ski holidays!) away from all the hustle and bustle you can get in the more traditional resorts.
Browse 100's of ski holidays to Avoriaz and book your flexible break with SkiWeekends today.
SKI AREA OVERVIEW
The Portes du Soleil covers an enormous area in the corners of both France and Switzerland and offers around an impressive 650km of marked pistes. As such, it has an unbelievable amount of skiing for your holiday, with pistes crisscrossing the borders at regular intervals. Avoriaz is perhaps the jewel in the crown of the area as the village has lifts and pistes fanning out in all directions. Avoriaz is the most snow-sure of the resorts in the Portes du Soleil at 1850 metres which means the slopes often have perfect conditions throughout the season with plenty of off-piste to explore and cruisy blues to play on. You will never run out of new slopes on your Avoriaz ski holiday.
For intermediate skiers, the area offers a huge variety of runs, with various challenges - trying to circuit the entire Portes du Soleil in one day for example. This task is made easier due to the lift systems in place with a series of modernisation having a big effect on lift queues and getting you around the mountain quicker. The resort also looks after the slopes well, with the groomers keeping on top of all the resort has to offer, making for some great skiing in the early mornings on the fresh corduroy!
Overall the Avoriaz ski area is pretty impressive with something for everyone. From perfecting your snowplough on one of the designated Avoriaz beginner areas to carving down one of the runs from the top of Le Fornet to tackling the 90% gradient slope of the Swiss wall – you will definitely be well catered for. For those looking for a park, the American designed "Stash" if an amazing run through the trees making the most of the natural features to create a wonderful snowpark for all levels, a fantastic playground for Skiers and boarders alike.
Your Avoriaz ski holiday awaits!
Flight + Transfer
220.3kg CO2 *
* Average kg of CO2e per person, based on a return journey from London Gatwick to Geneva, and shared minibus transfer.
Train + Transfer
14.9kg CO2 *
* Average kg of CO2e per person, based on a return journey from London St. Pancras to Cluses, and shared minibus transfer.
97.5kg CO2 *
* Average kg of CO2e per person, based on a return journey from the M25, via. the Dover ferry in a car carrying 4 people.
To reach the nearest station (Cluses), you'll need to take the Eurostar to Paris Gare du Nord, and change to Paris Gare de Lyon. Find availability and tickets at Rail Europe.
- Advanced skiers, be sure to go and test yourselves on both the Coupe du Monde (world cup run) and the Swiss Wall down towards Les Croset – they are must ski runs when in the area!
- If you are looking for a bite to eat, head down to Les Brochaux where the Mossettes and Brochaux chairlifts go from. There is a lovely restaurant called Les Ancelles with some superb food (be sure to try the beef bourguignon!) and a lovely terrace to sit and enjoy the sun.
- Intermediate and advanced skiers can try the circuit that takes you all the way over to Châtel and back around through the Swiss side of the Portes du Soleil (Morgins, Les Crosets etc.) – it makes for a great day out but be sure to start early! A real ski holiday memory day!
- Grab yourself a hot chocolate from Chez Flo – its just around the corner from the top of the Prodains Express.
- Try out the savoury pancakes at Le Yeti, and then enjoy the music out in the sun in the afternoons!
- From £470.00View details
- From £487.00View details
- From £534.00View details
- From £558.00View details
- From £598.81View details
- From £680.00View details
- From £695.00View details
- From £829.83View details