Sarah Fox - Sales Director "Efficient & sporty; Verbier is fantastic for a short break ski holiday. Access to the varied ski terrain is easy and access to the apres ski is even easier. I loved my ski away day in the four valleys with apres ski and live bands daily at the infamous Farinet."
Verbier as a resort needs little introduction. It lies in a sunny bowl in the heart of the Swiss Alps and is overall Switzerland’s most challenging ski area offering high, vast and varied terrain. Verbier is a picturesque collection of chalet buildings with spectacular views of the surrounding peaks with a restaurant and bar culture as legendary as the skiing. The perfect weekend base to ski Verbier is the lesser known village of Le Chable, located down the valley.
The jewel in Le Chable’s crown is the arrival of a new high capacity, high-speed gondola link to the ski area. The queue-free gondola is a direct transfer up to the slopes of Les Ruinettes and Les Attelas, which by-passes Verbier, making access to the ski area as quick and easy as from Verbier itself. After the lifts close, Verbier is connected to Le Chable by an efficient local bus service. With the last bus down leaving Verbier at around 20.00, you can sample the vibrant après ski scene before returning to your hotel in Le Chable for some rest and relaxation, where the entertainment centres on the hotel bars.
SKI AREA OVERVIEW
Verbier is linked to neighbouring Thyon, Veysonnaz, and Nendaz. Together they form the 4 Valleys ski area one of the largest in Europe, offering 400Km of almost limitless skiing. In practice, there is no need to journey into the far corners of the area as the pick of the slopes can be found closer to home.
Intermediates and advanced skiers and riders will be spoilt for choice and at 3330m the Mont Fort glacier ensures fantastic snow conditions all season not to mention spectacular views over the Alps. Not all the skiing is so radical Les Ruinettes offers plenty of easier blue runs as does the resort's second ski area of Savoleyres, benefiting from sunny south-facing slopes towards Verbier.
Did you know there is a lift called James Blunt in Verbier?
Ski holidays in Verbier await!
Flight + Transfer
223.6kg CO2 *
* Average kg of CO2e per person, based on a return journey from London Gatwick to Geneva, and shared minibus transfer.
Train + Transfer
9.3kg CO2 *
* Average kg of CO2e per person, based on a return journey from London St. Pancras to Le Châble, and shared minibus transfer.
94.2kg CO2 *
* Average kg of CO2e per person, based on a return journey from the M25, via. the Dover ferry in a car carrying 4 people.
To reach the nearest station (Le Châble), you'll need to take the Eurostar to Paris Gare du Nord, and change to Paris Gare de Lyon. Find availability and tickets at Trainline.
- Experience an incredible terrain of blue and red runs for intermediate and advanced skiers, including fantastic off-piste skiing.
- Do a 10km Toboggan from Savoleyres to La Tzoumaz. Ski holidays in Verbier are now just about the skiing!
- Lots to do for non skiers - Sport & Fitness centre, Cinema, Spas, Husky sleigh rides, Ice Karting, Walking.
- Vibrant Apres ski with lots of restaurants, bars and shops for you to visit.