New to 2018/19 La Folie Douce Hotel!
Ski Weekends are incredibly excited about the launch of ‘La Follie Douce Hotel Chamonix Mont-Blanc’ for the 2018/19 ski season!
Yes, you read it right! La Folie Douce – famous for its legendary après ski bars since 1969 – has locations dotted around various areas in France and specifically in the French Alps, is now taking their passion for entertainment into new areas (both in location and industry!).
Coming to Chamonix in December 2018 is the brand new La Folie Douce Hotel which is based in downtown Chamonix right next to the ‘Savoy’ draglift in the Brévent ski area opening just in time for your Christmas and New Years ski trips! The hotel is indeed ski-in/ski-out via a green slope and the draglift providing access to the main ‘Plan Praz’ lift which provides entry to both the Brévent and Flégère ski areas. There is also set to be a hotel bus to take guests to other areas under the Mont-Blanc Unlimited lift pass. All of this convenience doesn’t mean that you must sacrifice your location compared to the town though, with the main part of Chamonix within a short stroll from your hotel room making this a superb location for you, our Ski Weekends guests, for Winter 2018/19 and beyond!
Whilst it is still a Folie Douce venue, this iconic brand is looking to strike the right chord between fun and functionality. La Folie Douce Hotel is set to lend itself incredibly well for families or groups with rooms that can sleep 1-4 people (some will also have interconnecting rooms), but it will also have a kid’s club for children aged 4-12 years old (open from 8am-9pm) which will include its own Ski School, and also a range of different indoor activities from Movie nights to Mountain excursions!
If you are looking for a bit more exclusivity from your stay then La Folie Douce Hotel will have that covered too with beautiful premium rooms which will sleep between 1-4 people. These rooms will feature twin/double beds with an ensuite bathroom and some stunning views of the surrounding Chamonix area.
The hotel itself has been an ever-present in Chamonix since 1904, known initially as the Grand Palace of Savoy, this indicates the regal feel of the building which will be maintained in the renovations for the December 2018 opening. Inside it looks like it will not disappoint either with a classic Folie Douce feel, complete with a modern alpine touch to the 250 rooms and communal areas as well as with the bars and the restaurants. The hotel will boast three different restaurants and two bars for the upcoming 2018/19 winter season which can be seen below:
- La Petite Cuisine – this restaurant will provide a variety of alpine, Savoyard and Italian foods befitting of the local area.
- La Fruitière – this is the signature Folie Douce restaurant, it features a more traditional menu with various Gourmet French dishes available to seduce your palette!
- Le Kiosque – this presents a more light-hearted dining opportunity with lots of delicious street style food for those looking for something a bit different.
- After-Mountain Bar – Could it really be a Folie Douce without the world revered après ski parties on offer? This is where the après ski shows will take place and allow you to enjoy the perfect après ski session from 5pm-8pm every day, ready for your Christmas Holidays all the way through to your sunny spring trips in March and April. The ‘show’ is described by the Folie Douce themselves as somewhere between cabaret and street theatre – and it certainly has something for everyone!
- The Cocktail Bar – The cocktail bar in the hotel offers a stunning alternative to the After-Mountain bar for those potentially looking for a more subdued après ski but still looking for a bit of spice with a vast array of cocktails set to be offered.
The hotel will also boast a stunning outdoor heated swimming pool with some of the best views the French Alps has to offer looking out towards Mont-Blanc. It will also have an in-house spa to rest up after tackling some of Chamonix’s testing terrain on your Ski Weekend, or you will have the opportunity to grab yourself a yoga mat and relieve any stresses with a yoga class.