Director of Operations
Contract based on 40 hours a week. Typical hours are Monday – Friday 9am- 5.30pm with 30 mins for lunch. Part-time hours are to be discussed with line manager or form part of your contract with Skiweekends.
This is a crucial role that touches on all areas of activity within our busy office. The holder is responsible for all areas of administration for HR and personnel, overseeing all day to day requirements for the office premises, ensuring a safe and functioning work environment and handling administration of key areas of compliance for the Company.
- Handle HR administration, including production of staff contracts, updates to staff handbook, running the staff holiday log, collating information on new starters and leavers for payroll, and keeping all personnel files up to date.
- Handle all recruitment administration, including job adverts, correspondence with applicants, and liaison with management team for scheduling of interviews, responses to candidates etc.
- Act as point of liaison for external HR advisors.
- Be responsible for areas of commercial compliance, including review and updates to booking terms and conditions, review and updates to travel agency agreements and self-billing agreements.
- Be responsible for company IT, PCI and data security policies, ensuring these are reviewed regularly and updated with input from the relevant accountable managers.
- Be responsible for all company insurance policies, obtaining quotes and ensuring cost effective cover for staff insurance, office, tour operator and employment liability insurance.
- Act as key point of contact for landlords for all issues relating to the premises and associated lease.
- Be responsible for reviewing all premises furnishings, fixtures and fittings, and manage any replacements or updates as required.
- Act as Health and Safety Office for the Company, ensuring that the Company premises continue compliance with all required fire safety and health and safety requirements, including regular risk audits and liaising with landlord and external providers as required.
- Ensure team training as required in first aid, fire safety etc.
- Oversee general office administration, including ordering of stationery and kitchen supplies, plant watering and liaison with office cleaning service.
- Organise annual document archiving and shredding.
- Handle external bookings of company meeting rooms, raise invoices as required.
- Organise company events including venue booking, transport organisation etc.
- Assist if required with checking of supplier invoices during busy periods.
- Create and circulate business performance reports as and when required.
- Provide general assistance to the Senior Management team as required.
- Minimise losses to the Company through due diligence and attention to detail.
- Any other work as may be reasonably asked by the Company.
Skills and attributes:
- T A background in HR and general administration (CPID not required)
- Comfortable with dealing with a range of suppliers, customers and others by telephone.
- A mature, professional attitude, highly organised and structured in their approach to work.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Capacity to co-ordinate and prioritise multiple tasks and work calmly under pressure.
- Excellent level of PC skills: MS Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Highly motivated, positive in attitude and committed to business efficiency and success.
- Adaptable in approach, prepared to be flexible around the needs of a growing business.
- A good level of spoken and written French is desirable but not essential.
All of the Skiweekends team works to a set of values where our customers’ comfort and satisfaction is paramount, and great teamwork is an essential ingredient for success. We want you to live and breathe these values in everything you do, always giving your best and going the extra mile to make Skiweekends a stand-out experience for anyone who travels with us.