La Folie Douce Hotel
Room Only (Breakfast upgrade available)
Transfers: Option to add Geneva airport transfers.
La Folie Douce Hotel in Chamonix is the flagship of the world-famous brand that have revolutionised après ski in France. The historical Le Savoy palace has been reinvented into a stylish and trendy hotel where guests can join the party or escape into a world of relaxation. At the foot of the Savoy slope you can ski into the hotel and the savoy ski area connects via. a gondola to Flegere, giving you access to some of the best skiing in the Chamonix area.
The après ski party is legendary with DJs, musicians and performers creating a mix of cabaret and clubbing. Le Janssen cocktail club is the perfect spot to relax over a cocktail or a glass of wine and enjoy a more relaxed atmosphere than the après party.
Food plays an important part in any stay at La Folie Douce hotel and there are 4 restaurants to choose from. La Petite Cuisine is a family style restaurant with a focus on quality local produce with a great atmosphere, including live Folie Douce shows 6 days a week! The famous La Fruiterie is the chic bistro with gourmet cuisine. Le Mayen is a cheese lovers paradise with fondue, raclette and charcuterie. Finally, La Piazza offers home made pizza on its amazing terrace with views of Mont Blanc.
Escape the party in the 640 square metre spa with 8 massage rooms, 2 saunas and a steam room as well as an outdoor heated pool with spectacular mountain views, a fitness room and yoga classes in the valley.
And over the school holiday period children are catered for at the kid’s palace that runs from 9am till 6pm (plus evenings 7 pm till 11pm) for 4–12-year-olds. This includes indoor and outdoor activities from movie nights to mountain excursions. Only available during school holidays.
There are two room catagories (unofficially 3 star rooms and 4 star rooms). Most rooms can be connecting, some rooms have balconies, and all rooms come with free WiFi, TV, hairdryer, room safe and welcome products. Pool and spa access is included. All rooms are non-smoking and wheelchair accessible rooms are available on request.
3 star rooms are Access rooms and the 4 star standard are the Premium rooms.
- Access rooms for 2: With a king bed or 2 single beds and a shower in the bathroom. Approx. 18m2, sleeps max 2.
- Access rooms for 4: With 3 bunk beds and a single bed, the bathroom has a shower. Approx. 18m2, sleeps max. 4
- Access rooms for family: Consist of a standard room (king or 2 single beds) interconnecting with a room for 4 (3 bunks and a single bed). So you have two separate rooms with two separate bathrooms. Approx. 36m2, sleeps max. 6
Premium rooms come with Cosmos Natural welcome products, coffee machine and bathrobes with slippers:
- Premium for 2: With a king or 2 single beds, the bathroom has a shower. Approx. 20m2, sleeps max 2
- Premium for 2+: With a king or 2 single beds and a sofa bed, the bathroom has a shower. Approx. 24m2, sleeps 2-3 people (ideally suited for 2 adults & 1 child)
- Premium family rooms (4 people): With a king or 2 single beds and a bunk bed, the bathroom has a shower. Approx. 32m2, sleeps 2-4 (ideally suited for families)
- Premium Suite for 4: With a king bed in a separtate room and 2 single beds in a second room. Approx 50m2 (suitable for 4 adults or a couple with 2 children).
The Folie Douce Hotel in Chamonix is located at the foot of the green Savoy slope, where you can ski back to the hotel. It's a 3-minute walk to the Savoy gondola giving access to Savoy and Flegere ski areas. The hotel is around a 3-minute walk into Chamonix centre.
Geneva airport transfers available at a supplement:
- Shared transfers
- Private transfers
- Guests get a digital bracelet you can charge anything in the hotel too - you get a balance update each day.
- Check in 4pm and check out 11am. Late check-out subject to availability (10 euros/hour).
- 24-hour front desk, lift passes availble to buy, concierge, parking payable locally, luggage storage. Breakfast can be added afer booking, please speak to a member of the team. The cost for breakfast is £19 per adult per night and £13 per child (4-12yrs) per night (price subject to confirmation at time of booking).
- Resort tax paid locally and is approximately €2.30 per person, per day.
- Pets are not allowed at Folie Douce Chamonix.
What we love about La Folie Douce Hotel in Chamonix
A ski in, get-the-lift-out hotel in Chamonix is rare and the après and cabaret party is legendary. The beautiful outdoor pool has magnificent views of the surrounding mountains including Mont Blanc.