France - Courchevel 1650
The role of the Chalet Resort Manager is to oversee and be actively involved in the smooth running of all day-to-day operations; ensuring food quality, cleanliness and service are delivered to the highest standards and all paperwork completed accurately and punctually. You will need to be a strong motivator and team leader. The Chalet Resort Manager is also the first port of call for both staff and guests. The perfect candidate for this job must have relevant ski season experience, be used to managing a team, and be able to converse in French. This is a hands-on role and you will be actively involved in running the two large chalets along with a team of 6 other staff.
Chalet Monique has 13 rooms and Chalet Mouria has 9 rooms, they are next to each other and in a great position. There are a total of 7 staff including this role.
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong leader who brings out the best in their team and leads by example, hands on.
- At least two previous season's experience running all aspects of a chalet.
- Experience of leading teams.
- Mature, professional attitude at all times.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Highly numerate.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Highly organised with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise quickly and rationally.
- Self-motivated with a positive “can do” attitude.
- Stamina to lead throughout a high-pressure winter season.
- Good standard of spoken and written French, prefred.
- IT literate (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Full Driver's License. (Must be over 21 due to French Insurance Restrictions).
- Lead a customer focused team, adhering to standards and exceeding customer expectations, driving high net promoter scores from guests.
- Be a visible point of contact for customers on holiday, responsible for their safety and well-being.
- Be available to answer any escalated customer queries and help resolve any complaints as quickly and as efficiently as possible.
- Train, manage and support seasonal chalet staff, developing their skills, and providing strong leadership through regular meetings so that clear objectives are set, agreed and reviewed.
- Ensure high levels of performance, taking appropriate measures in line with company policy where staff performance does not meet agreed standards.
- Build a team of staff which works harmoniously with resort operation staff and with the UK team.
- Build strong working relationships with in-resort suppliers, visiting accommodation suppliers, resolving any problems which arise and ensuring optimum cost efficiency.
- Audit of accommodation, to ensure that all facilities are fully functional, and that standard inventory and equipment is maintained.
- Ensure that service levels for cleanliness, hygiene and inventory within properties are delivered throughout the season through a program of regular inspections.
- Ensure that maintenance issues are identified and addressed in a timely manner.
- Ensure strict compliance of properties for all health and safety and legal issues, including regular fire and safety checks.
- Ensure familiarisation with all company procedures for Health and Safety.
- Ensure all rented and hired property (both guest and staff accommodation) is returned at the end of the season in the state it was received in line with contractual agreements.
- Coordinate all logistical requirements on airport transfer days, in line with transfer plans provided.
- Maintain direct contact with clients.
- Act on questionnaire feedback, improving product quality of delivery and service.
- Overall budgetary responsibility for chalets, ensuring turnover and profits are met and that costs are kept within budget.
- Ensure submission of chalet accounts each week to the UK accounts team in strict adherence to stated deadlines.
- Ensure that resort administration is processed in line with company policy.
- Any other work as may be reasonably asked by the Company.
All Managerial roles will be expected to cover for each other on days off, and to participate in the Company’s out of hours ‘on call’ rota to assist customers in resort, and to be available in case of emergency, as required.