Courchevel 1550 offers the best of both worlds, it's a charming resort at the foot of the pistes with a stunning view both up to the slopes and out across the valley. Courchevel Village (1550) is a quiet little village offering cheaper accommodation and restaurants when compared to the rest of the Courchevel area, making it an ideal ski resort for family ski holidays.
The resort has a couple of lively bars and restaurants from a pizzeria to gourmet cuisine. The gondola which takes you up to Courchevel 1850 operates into the evening, normally about 8 pm, so you can go up and down as you please. It’s worth mentioning the floodlit toboggan run through the trees from 1850 to 1550 is fun for all ages! Prices are also a little less high altitude!
Off the slopes Courchevel Village is home of the impressive Aquamotion centre with its host of pools, saunas and wellness facilities.
SKI AREA OVERVIEW
Courchevel 1550 is set just a few minutes below Courchevel 1850 and gives you a relaxed base to access the full ski area. With nursery slopes, free drag lifts, fast and efficient lift systems and runs to suit all abilities it’s no wonder this is one of the most popular places for ski holidays.
The resort faces straight onto the snow-sure slopes, mostly North facing, so you get great access to the areas which is renowned for being one of the most highly regarded resorts in the world. With skiing between 1300m and 2700m, fantastic interlinked slopes for all abilities throughout the famous 3 Valleys ski area and some truly spectacular scenery, it is ideal for any ski holiday.
Flight + Transfer
222.5kg CO2 *
* Average kg of CO2e per person, based on a return journey from London Gatwick to Geneva, and shared minibus transfer.
Train + Transfer
14.3kg CO2 *
* Average kg of CO2e per person, based on a return journey from London St. Pancras to Moûtiers, and shared minibus transfer.
103.4kg CO2 *
* Average kg of CO2e per person, based on a return journey from the M25, via. the Dover ferry in a car carrying 4 people.
To reach the nearest station (Moûtiers), you'll need to take the Eurostar Ski Train via. Lille. Find availability and tickets at Eurostar.
- For a lunch stop in the sun, relax on the terrace of the Flocons hotel. Just near the Tovets chairlift so easy to get going again after refuelling!
- If you're looking for a good steak, then head for the l'Oeil de Boeuf for dinner where the steaks are cooked on an open fire.
- The toboggan run down from Courchevel 1850 is great fun. Speak to your Ski Weekends rep or tourist office to find out more. There are different runs to choose from that are floodlit so a great activity after skiing.
- To enjoy some live music pay a visit to the Catarail. If you're looking for Sky Sports and wifi then try 'The Bar' which is British owned.